National Parks and Recreation’s Aquatic Facility Operators (AFO) Course
The AFO certification course is geared to meet the needs of those working in public, semi-public, municipal, swim clubs, and commercial private pools or water parks. AFO is a two day course that provides in-depth instruction in all facets of aquatic facility operation and management. These include:
- Water Testing
- Design Considerations
- Facility Management
- Risk Management
- Trouble Shooting
- Hot Tubs and Spas
The AFO instructor team is made up of top aquatic professionals throughout the United States. Our AFO instructors have a diverse and knowledgeable background in aquatic management, operations, water chemistry and design.
Upon the successful completion of the AFO course, participants will be certified by the National Recreation and Park Association. This certification is valid for five years and is renewable.
Who should take the AFO course?
- Aquatic Directors
- Aquatic Supervisors
- Recreation Directors
- Aquatic Facility Managers
- Aquatic Programming Personnel
- Aquatic Design Professionals
- Waterpark Directors
- Pool Managers
- Facility Managers
- Physical Plant Directors and Personnel
What makes AFO different?
- AFO is the only course approved by the NRPA
- AFO covers facility and risk management
- AFO has the top aquatic professionals as instructors
- AFO deals with everyday pool problems
- AFO course manual is revised every 5 years
- AFO is the only course that offers CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU’s)
Upcoming AFO course schedule:
- March 28-29, 2017 - Salvation Army Kroc Center, Philadelphia PA
- September 20-21, 2017 - Greater Plymouth Community Center - Plymouth Meeting, PA
Please call or email us for more information regarding our AFO course. You may also download the AFO registration form and course outline below: